Our annual conferences are opportunities for participants to engage in peer learning activities; share lessons learned in the course of their own community and organizational development challenges and successes; meet others in the community development arena; and to identify emerging trends and opportunities that will impact their project planning and development.
- Strengthen networks between local community development practitioners and national resources.
- Share information on national issues and opportunities for community development and apply these lessons to Hawaii communities.
- Address challenges affecting community development practitioners, nonprofit organizations and community organizations from a national perspective.
- Identify and examine best practices from national models and experiences.
- Presentations and training sessions by national community development practitioners.
- Discussion and training related to utilizing federal tax credit programs including New Markets Tax Credits and other national funding resources and practices.
- Workshops on best practices and an examination of models from other communities across the country.